Jose Arnoldo Rodriguez-Carrington  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2012

Trados 2007 Translation Workbench:
I get the following message when opening a TM:
"Error: Only one running instance of Translator's Workbench Freelance is allowed per local area network. Translator's Workbench will now close." (No error number, and the error does not appear in the error list in the help.)
It closes the TM I was trying to open and then opens in demo mode, with a message saying "TM is too large for demo mode" for any TM I try to open.

When I restart the computer the same thing happens.

This happened when I tried to reopen it after I copied the TM I was working on to a USB to pass it on to a colleague and then I closed Tag Editor and the Workbench to be able to remove the USB.

If anybody has any ideas I will appreciate it a lot!

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 22:49
English to German
Just an idea May 5, 2012

Jose Arnoldo Rodriguez-Carrington wrote:

It closes the TM I was trying to open and then opens in demo mode

Copy that TM to a different location, then delete it at the original location. Trados should start without any TM, then.

If that does'nt work there might be a so-called "lock file" somewhere. Unfortunately I don't know its location & name (.loc?). Deleting such orphaned lock files often helps.

Jose Arnoldo Rodriguez-Carrington  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Rolf May 5, 2012

I ended up uninstalling and downloading the whole program again, and it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator's Workbench does not work

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search