XLIFF-Validation error (SDL Trados Studio 2009)
Thread poster: Souli05

Souli05
German to French
May 4, 2012

When I try to generate target version of my *.xlf.sdlxliff-file the following errors occur:
1) XLIFF validation error on line 5 offset 8: The required attribut 'id' is missing
2) XLIFF validation error on line 5 offset 8: The identity constraint 'urn:oasis:names:tc:sliff:document:1.2:K_unit_id' validation has failed. Either a key is missing or the existing key has an empty node.
The SDL knowledge base recommands to unklick "SDL-XLIFF validation" before running batch task. And indeed no error message appears afterwards.

BUT this does not explain the real problem, I mean, WHY the file cannot be validated.

It makes me uncomfortable to ignore the errors. Especially regarding to future jobs with the same file type.

Any advice or explanation?

[Bearbeitet am 2012-05-04 11:48 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF-Validation error (SDL Trados Studio 2009)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search