Thread poster: Jean-Christophe Duc

Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:02
English to French
+ ...
May 8, 2012

Hi,
I am looking for a way to know how many words have been translated with Trados 2009.
I have tried the batch analysis, but it keeps giving me the original word count, and not the current one.
I have also tried to display the statistics, but it gives me the number of draft and translated words, which does not seem to have any relation to the word count given by the batch analysis.
For instance the batch analysis tells me I have 3700 new words to translate, whereas the statistics say 12586 words in draft and 7710 translated... (same thing in the status bar...)
Any help appreciated.
Basically I am looking for something like the analysis function in Trados 2007 that tells you what is left to be done without any fuss.
JC

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You're comparing different things... May 8, 2012

Hi,

Easiest thing is to use the confirmation statistics here. This provides a report for each language in the Project, has count/percentage/both options and words/segments/characters. You can also do this for seperate files as well as the whole project. So this shows you what you have and what's left to do:

The analysis statistics also have a quick view here, although the full report generated by the Batch Tasks would be in the Reports View on the left toolbar.

Regards

Paul

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The analysis statistics keep giving me the original word count... May 9, 2012

Hello Paul,
thanks for your help, however I keep getting the original word count, i.e. 3701 new words.
I am using ctrl+Enter to validate everything I translate, but the analysis statistics never reflect that, they keep giving me the word count from the package that was sent to me. The confirmation statistics do change though, but they are of no use to me.
Any idea why this is occuring and how to get up to date infos/analysis statistics ?
JC

[Edited at 2012-05-09 06:57 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Unedited

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It does not work on my file May 9, 2012

Hi,
well, yes it is what I would like to obtain, but the analysis report keeps giving me the original word count.
I have closed and reopened Trados, my changes have been kept. I save the file before the analysis, but whatever I do I am given the original word count, not the current one!
Am I missing something obvious?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... May 9, 2012

... and I can do a quick webex with you. I think it might be easier as I can see better how you are trying to work.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK May 9, 2012

sure.
One possible reason is that in Project settings, none of the TMs are updatable.
Is there a way to change this from my end or create a working memory?
Regards
JC

Jarosław Hirny-Budka
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
proper report Jun 5, 2013

Jean,

are you sure that you select new report from the list of reports? It's not very clear in Studio which report is new and which is not.

Best,
Jarosław Hirny

Khwansuree DEROLLEPOT  Identity Verified
France
Member (2012)
English to Thai
+ ...
What about this? Jun 7, 2013

What about trying to calculate from the percentage of the work already done out of the total word count?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Trados 2009

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search