Thread poster: Shakir Azeem

Shakir Azeem
India
Local time: 21:58
English to Tamil
+ ...
May 8, 2012

Hi,

I am asked to return both the cleaned and uncleaned xml files for the target files.

I tried 'Save Target As' and 'Project > Batch Files > Finalize' . Both seem to work the same way. I get the same kind of 'uncleaned' xml files.

I would be grateful if anybody could suggest me tips for getting cleaned and uncleaned xml files in Trados 2009

Thanks
Shakir

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:28
English
"Clean" and "Unclean" files May 8, 2012

Hi,

If you started with an XML file then the SDLXLIFF file you created when you opened the file in Studio is the blingual file... or "unclean" file. You can find this by right clicking on the file in the files view and select "Explore containing folder"... or use "File - Save Copy As" when the file is open in the editor.

The "clean" file is the target XML which is what you get when you use "Finalize" or "Save Target As".

However, if you really started with a TTX that used to be an XML then when you open the TTX in Studio the TTX becomes an SDLXLIFF. So now when you "Save Target As" you get two choices. Save the TTX (Unclean file) or the target XML file (Clean file).

Does this help?

Regards

Paul

Shakir Azeem
India
Local time: 21:58
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
worked successfully! May 9, 2012

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the necessary information and tips. I am very grateful to know what is available as solution in Trados 2009.

I m working with xml files directly. so, solution was simple. And, i have made note of the tips about working with ttx / xml too.

Have a Great Day!

Shakir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cleaning xml files in Trados 2009

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search