Problem with "save target as.." studio 2009 word 2003
Thread poster: Tim Parker
Tim Parker  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:38
Member (2009)
French to English
May 9, 2012

Am attempting to save my partially-translated word 2003 doc containing about 33k words. Am about 5% done, but when I do 'save target as..' all I get is an empty word file with some headers and bullet points. Have tried F8 to verify segments, to no avail.

Can't create a preview of the doc either.

Will the following make any difference ?
- converting word 2003 to word 2007
- removing any images
- ensuring source doc is in not in 'track changes' mode, show final only not markup

Any ideas anyone?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tim Parker  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:38
Member (2009)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
hum found a solution May 9, 2012

Now why would this be...
converted the word 2003 doc file to 2007 docx, (none of those file validation messages) did a windows update so all MS-office stuff up to date,
opened a new document on the same project, translated the segments using the populated memory, then did 'save target as' and saved it in the new folder created for the xliff.. and it works... and I can see a preview.
so is the solution to use word 2007 format and not 2003 format?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with "save target as.." studio 2009 word 2003

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search