Thread poster: xxxStrastran
xxxStrastran
France
Local time: 06:49
French to English
+ ...
May 9, 2012

Hello

I mentioned this in another thread but haven't found an answer. When pressing F3 to perform a Concordance search in Studio 2011, the softweare doesn't respond properly.

When I press F3, it searches for old search terms from earlier in the document. I have to click the cursor elsewhere, double-click on the desired term again and press F3 again. I have to do this five or six times before it will respond appropriately.

I seem to remember the same issue in 2009 until an update/patch resolved it. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Bojan  Identity Verified
Poland
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
Yes, we all have it May 9, 2012

I experience it from the beginning and got used to it, some people said it is the main reason they will not upgrade to or buy Studio 2011. The problem's been mentioned in several threads, just do some search. (problem with F3 or - for SDLX layout - F7 concordance search). They promised to fix it, but not yet. Love it or leave it, then.
regards,
Adam

xxxStrastran
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 9, 2012

Adam Bojan wrote:

I experience it from the beginning and got used to it, some people said it is the main reason they will not upgrade to or buy Studio 2011. The problem's been mentioned in several threads, just do some search. (problem with F3 or - for SDLX layout - F7 concordance search). They promised to fix it, but not yet. Love it or leave it, then.
regards,
Adam

Ok, thanks Adam.

I'm so glad they've included old bugs in the new software, very nostalgic.

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 07:49
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
F3 May 10, 2012

Highlight the term, wait 1-2 seconds and then press F3. This should take care of the problem. At least it works for me.

Amy Barter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:49
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Good workaround - thanks! Jun 7, 2012

I've just upgraded to Studio 2011 and it looks like this problem still exists. However, I just wanted to say thanks to Alina - Maria for the suggested workaround - still not ideal but far less frustrating than having to press F3 multiple times before the system responds correctly so thanks for sharing!

xxxStrastran
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
F3 Jun 7, 2012

Yes, thanks to Alina-Maria for that.

However, it doesn't work every time for me. Sometimes I have to click elsewhere, try again, click elsewhere, try again, and so on.

Studio and its otherwise excellent features are all about speeding up translation, yet this slows me right down so I hope SDL sort it out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

F3 Concordance issue in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search