Thread poster: Lorenza Valt

Lorenza Valt  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:35
German to Italian
+ ...
May 10, 2012

Dear all,

a question about Trados Studio 2009: is there a way to view the number of characters of each segment?
I have to translate a text in which the target has to have exactly the same length as the source. In the QA checker you can only set a predefined length for all segments, but this is not what I need... is there a solution for my problem?

Many thanks!

Lorenza

[Modificato alle 2012-05-10 15:50 GMT]

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
To start with May 10, 2012

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/177731-in_editor_characters_per_line_segment_calculation_in_studio_2009.html

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Studio 2011 has this feature May 10, 2012

At the bottom of the side-by-side translation screen in Studio 2011, along with the total number of words untranslated, draft and translated there is also the character count. But I don't believe this was present in 2009.

Eileen

Lorenza Valt  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've found a way! May 11, 2012

Thank you for your answers!

Finally I've found the function I was looking for: in

Project > project settings > Verification >Segment Verification: check for target segments which are: longer by 0%, based on
characters

With this setting I receive a warning message if the length of the target segment exceeds the source. And this was exactly what I needed!
icon_smile.gif

Lorenza

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(Source and target) segment length in Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search