https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/224542-systemoutofmemoryexception.html

system.outofmemoryexception
Thread poster: Julio Ferrandis (X)
Julio Ferrandis (X)
Julio Ferrandis (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:43
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 10, 2012

Hello all

I am trying to open a file on Trados Studio 2006 and it takes forever and then I get an error message saying system.outofmemoryexception. I have tried restarting Trados several times but I am getting the same message, or simple it doesn´t open at all.

Anyone knows how to fix this issue, please? It is a large file (940KB), I have worked with similar files before without any problem.

Many thanks in advance!

Julio

Peter Adolph
Peter Adolph
Local time: 11:43
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Close all other programs and restart the computer ... May 10, 2012

Hi Julio

I would restart the PC and thereafter only open Studio 2009 and then open the file. Maybe your PC does not have enough RAM memory? Studio 2009 requires 3-4 GB RAM.

If that doesn't help, I would try to convert the Word (presuming it's a .doc file that you have) to .docx which Studio seems to like better.

Ultimately, you could split up the file in smaller parts.

KR
Peter

Paul Harrison MITI
Paul Harrison MITI
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:43
French to English
That's right May 10, 2012

Although if you don't want to restart your computer you can just close Trados, open the task manager, look in the processes tab, and kill all Trados processes. Then just open Trados again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

system.outofmemoryexception

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »