Problem opening Excel doc with Studio 2011
Thread poster: oxiborick

oxiborick  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:50
Japanese to English
May 11, 2012

I am trying to open an Excel 2007 doc in Studio 2011 Editor. The file has about 500 comments in it, so I configured the settings to enable translation of text in comments. However, if I do so I cannot open the file. I get the following error message:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

If I don't set up Studio to translate the comment text, the document will open up just fine, but of course it will be impossible to translate the comments in Studio. I suppose I could just go through and translate the comments one by one without using Studio, but I would rather not as there is a great deal of repetition in them (plus I paid hundreds of dollars for a Trados license so that I would not have to do things like that...).

If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening Excel doc with Studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search