Thread poster: Gert Sass (M.A.)

Gert Sass (M.A.)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:26
English to German
+ ...
May 11, 2012

Hi all,
I have (again) been asked to review some .sdlxliff files in SDL Trados Studio 2009, but I get issues trying to open them for review or even just editing them when opened for translation.
For previous Studio 2009 projects, I followed the instructions in the manual under "Reviewing in SDL Trados Studio":
"1. Click the Files button in the navigation pane to display the Files view.
2. Right-click on the SamplePhotoPrinter.doc.sdlxliff file and select Open for Review from the shortcut menu. The file is automatically opened in the Editor view."

But this time the problem is that no Files button appears until I open a document from the File menu. However, upon right-clicking on the file in file view and selecting "Open for review," SDL says "File already opened for translation", and I can neither open the file for review nor otherwise proceed to any other segment in Editor view.
Does anybody have any solution or explanation for this?
BTW, I don't use Studio 2009 a lot.

Thanks in advance for your ideas,
Gert

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
open document May 12, 2012

Hi Gert,

Open Document is used for single file translation so it opens immediately for translation. If you want to use this method for review then press ctrl+s to save the file as a single file project, and then close it, go to files view and then right click and open for review. You only do this the first time as the project will be there and you can open for review from files view in the future.

It would be good to have an option to open document for review though, just to save a couple of clicks

If you see a message telling you it's already open then go to the editor view and close it first.

Regards

Paul

Gert Sass (M.A.)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
successful May 12, 2012

Hi Paul,

this played the trick. Great, thank you

Best,
Gert

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 issue trying to open .sdlxliff files for review

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search