Studio 2009 - SDLXLIFF validation error
Thread poster: xxxjacana54
xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2012

Hello,

I'm translating a fairly long file in IDML and suddenly, when I'm three quarters of the way through, I get an error message which says:

SDLXLIFF validation error at line 23260 offset 2139: the key sequence ‘2183_x0020a’ in Keyref fails to refer to some key.

Does anyone know what this means?

Segment 2139 looks OK.

I had another surprise which I will post as a different topic because I'm not sure if there is any relationship between them.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

David Fay
Local time: 02:04
English to French
+ ...
SDLXLIFF validation error May 13, 2012

Hello Lucia,

Having encountered this problem before, please refer to this thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/183070-studio_sp3_corruption_of_sdlxliff_file_when_merging_segments_validation_error.html

See the answer from Lubomir in the last post:

I also had this problem. I frequently exchange sdlxliff files between Trados Studio 2009 and MemoQ. Sometimes this error appears after import from Memoq to Trados.
I read in SDL knowledge base that this error is caused by corrupted hidden tags invisible in Editor. According to SDL, it is possible to address this error by editing in an XML editor, such as free Notepad++.

Try this:

1. Save the original untranslated sdlxliff file without validation errors.

2. Translate sdlxliff file.

3. When this error appears: "SDL XLIFF validation error at line 3353 offset 1236: The key sequence 210" in Keyref fails to refer to some key." - open ORIGINAL and TRANSLATED sdlxliff files in Notepad++.

4. Note the line number that throws the error. In this example it's line 3353. In ORIGINAL file navigate to the line that causes problems, copy and paste it over the exact same line in TRANSLATED file. Save file and open in Studio. Problem solved.

Important note: Unfortunately, this solution only works if there's a same number of translation segments in original and translated sdlxliff files. When segments are merged or split during the translation, the number of lines is changed, obviously, and the above simple copy and paste method would most likely result in disaster.
Then again, it might be worth checking the erroneous sdlxliff file in Notepad++ and see what happened with the XML formatting tags.

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, David May 13, 2012

Thanks for your reply and for the link to that other thread.

I'll see what I can do!

Martin Cassell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:04
French to English
A solution Nov 2, 2012

Investigating the same issue, I found this suggestion elsewhere, which seems to have done the trick for my current project: http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/58747

It's to do with compatibility settings: under conversion options, for file type TTX, select "Treat all inline tags as
placeholders (disable smart tag pairing)"

HTH!

Martin

[Edited at 2012-11-02 16:48 GMT]

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very interesting, Martin Nov 2, 2012

Thanks for this contribution, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - SDLXLIFF validation error

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search