Undo pretranslation in TTX file - restore all 0% segments in TTX
Thread poster: Lennart Luhtaru

Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
May 13, 2012

Sometimes I receive pretranslated files from agencies, with not only 100% matches filled in, but with all text segmented (no matches and fuzzies also). If it's a large project, this really slows me down, because I always have to get translation again from TM in case of in-project fuzzies and also, whenever I need to join segments, I have to first restore sources.

So, is there any way to automatically restore all 0% segments in TTX or even just restore all segments would be OK?

Thanks for help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:42
English to Hungarian
what software May 13, 2012

are you using?

United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Software May 13, 2012

Sorry for not being specific. I use tageditor as TTX should be its native format.

English to Hungarian
not with TagEditor/Workbench, May 13, 2012

unfortunatelly. But you should be able to delete specific or all translations in Studio or some other CAT that supports ttx.

United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio is OK also May 13, 2012

OK, how would it work automatically in Studio, because I do also have Studio 2009.

I can delete specific translations in tageditor also (open segment & restore source), but doing ALT+HOME & ALT+DEL by hand thousands of times is out of the question

United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found one way May 13, 2012

OK, found a way to do it with autohotkey script, but this would just be pressing the buttons instead of me. Works OK though, but if anyone knows a way to get rid of only 0% pretranslations, it would be great (Y)

English to Hungarian
select all segments May 13, 2012

or just those you filtered out, right click on the first column (showing the segment numbers), and choose "Clear Target Segment"

United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Studio May 13, 2012

Thanks! It does the same as a macro though, any way to filter the segments to leave CM and 100% matches untouched there?

English to Hungarian
yes May 13, 2012

by using the Unconfirmed segments display filter

Itzulnet 01
English to Basque
+ ...
Undo pretranslate Jun 6, 2012

I have Trados 7, and I've been sent a pretranslated ttx document. I need to remove the pre-translated segments, in order to use a previous TM. I'm doing it manually, but it's a really long document. Is there any way to restore all segments automatically?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
As you have Studio 2009... Jun 6, 2012

... perhaps you can open the TTX in Studio, select all segments and then clear the target segments, then save the target as TTX. But make sure you have smart tag pairing disabled for 2009.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Undo pretranslation in TTX file - restore all 0% segments in TTX

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search