Birgir24  Identity Verified
Iceland
Local time: 16:40
Member (2011)
English to Icelandic
+ ...
May 14, 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm using Trados 2011 for the first time when reviewing a file so this might seem like a silly question. I've reviewed two .ttx files and had no problem then saving them as sdlxliff files, opening them up again and seeing the track changes and comments.

However, when I try and save target as and save them as .ttx files the track changes and comments disappear and I'm left with the file with the changes. Therefore the translator has no idea as to which changes I have made as they have been incorporated into the text.

I don't even know if this is an issue for the agency. Perhaps I can just send them the sdlxliff files but it would be good to get a clarification on this.

What might I be doing wrong?

Best,

Birgir

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:40
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
You are doing everything right May 14, 2012

The tracked changes are visible in sdlxliff only.

In case you would like to show you client all corrections, and the client does not own Studio 2011, use change-tracker

Natalia

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:40
English
Two other ways... May 14, 2012

Hi Birgir,

You could also share the changes with your client using either of these two applications on the OpenExchange.

1. SDLXLIFF Converter
Actually this is installed with Studio 2011. You just export the SDLXLIFF you have with the changes and comments showing to a Word document with this application. All the tracked changes and comments in Studio will be shown using the track changes and commenting features in Word.

2. SDLXLIFF Compare
This free application you will need to download. It allows you to compare the original SDLXLIFF with the amended one and show all the changes in the file through a single html file. It's a very neat layout and can be used for an entire Project or a single file.

Perhaps these will also be useful options for you?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save my reviewed file in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search