sdl 2011 - error message: translation provider disabled..database is locked
Thread poster: Heather McCrae

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:50
Member (2012)
German to English
May 16, 2012

oh dear, it was going so well. now I just loaded up 2011 again, opened my document and hey presto, the wonderful error message:
The translation provider xxx could not be opened and has been disabled
The transation memory data file engine returned an error
The database file is locked
Database is locked

Please help, I can't work any more on my large and urgent job........
Heather

Direct link Reply with quote

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:50
Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
working, but still getting error messages May 16, 2012

Hi, I loaded studio again, and it seems to be working, but had the same error message twice now. at the moment I am ignoring them as I can still translate, but still wondering why and how. Also, do I need to generate or add the autosuggest each time I open my document for transation?
I did do a webinar re studio 2011 but trying to assimilate 3 hours yak yak late at night was overloading my brain and slogging through all the help is also destroying plenty of cells.
still, stiff upper lip and all that, hey?
thank you all for helping out
Heather

Isabelle Handley-Allen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:50
French to English
+ ...
Did you find a solution? Oct 19, 2012

Hi Heather,

I'm getting the same error message in Studio 2009, I carried on working through them like you did, but now I simply can't enable the TM and every time I try, I get the same error message and can't work using the TM. Did you find a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdl 2011 - error message: translation provider disabled..database is locked

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search