Thread poster: Lenka Zamisova

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:31
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
May 16, 2012

I have 4.361 units in a xml file, I may see all of them with NotePad, but when I open the xml file (created with Trados Studio) I may see only 50. I can´t find how to change the configuration to be able to see all of the units in this memor. Could you help me, please? Thank you in advance.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Not completely sure what you mean? May 16, 2012

Hi Lenka,

You start off by saying this:

I have 4.361 units in a xml file, I may see all of them with NotePad, but when I open the xml file (created with Trados Studio) I may see only 50.

This suggests you are opening an xml file in Studio for translation, expecting to see 4.361 units parsed into the editor but only see 50. This being the case you probably need to create an xml filetype for this xml file and make sure that the parser rules are relevant to the specific tagging of the file. You do this before opening the file or adding it to a Project and would use:

Tools - Options - File Types - New - XML

Then follow the wizard to create your new filetype.

However, you then say:

I can´t find how to change the configuration to be able to see all of the units in this memor.

This suggests what you really mean is that you have a memory you have upgraded, maybe from TMX, and when you view it in the Translation Memory Maintenance window you only see 50 units. So, if this is the case you can increase this to 200 units at a time by going to:

Tools - Options - Translation Memories View

Then increase the number of Translation Units per page from 50 (the default) to 200.

You can also use the navigation buttons on the Translation Memories Maintenance view to navigate through the pages, 50 (or whatever you set in the previous step) at a time.

Hopefully one of these ideas helps?

Regards

Paul

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
50 per view May 16, 2012

You see 50 in the first window. Click the blue arrow to go to the next 50.

You can also set this to 200 through tools>options>translation memories view.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 Memory

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search