Trados Studio 2011 display problem
Thread poster: xxxfaudrain

xxxfaudrain
Ireland
May 17, 2012

Hi all,

I've got a problem with Trados: when I start the program, it simply isn't displayed on screen... The icon pops-up in the task bar, but it doesn't enlarge when I click on it.
It's as if Trados was minimized in the task bar and stuck there.

I'm working on Windows 7.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:49
English
Did you use a second screen... May 17, 2012

... or a Projector recently? perhaps it's just hidden over there on the other screen you don't have connected anymore? I have not seen this happen to studio before but I have experienced this problem with other applications in the past.

Usually I use the function that controls my screens on the keyboard to reset things to how they should be and the missing application appears back where it should be.

You may also be able to make the window active and then use the keyboard control to move it back onto the correct screen... but I can't recall what this was... I think I saw someone explain this in a post some months ago.

Regards

Paul

xxxfaudrain
Ireland
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! May 18, 2012

Thank you for your help!

I selected the Trados Icon on my task bar then used Windows+arrow to move it back on the screen.
It was just that simple...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 display problem

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search