Thread poster: Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
+ ...
May 18, 2012

Hi,

Can Studio presegment SDLXLIFF files or is this something that is only relevant to TTX files?

I'm referring to exchanging SDLXLIFF files with other CAT tools: should the project be segmented in Studio?

In the same context I'd also like to know why Studio doesn't set the target language code (nl-nl) automatically at project creation?

Is this an action that the PM has to perform manually, and, if so, how can she do this?

Cheers,

Hans

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:04
French to Polish
+ ...
Target language folder... May 18, 2012

Hans Lenting wrote:

Can Studio presegment SDLXLIFF files or is this something that is only relevant to TTX files?

I'm referring to exchanging SDLXLIFF files with other CAT tools: should the project be segmented in Studio?

The SDLXLIFF is always segmented in Studio.

In the same context I'd also like to know why Studio doesn't set the target language code (nl-nl) automatically at project creation?

It does but you should look in your target (NL-NL) subfolder in the project folder.
The source folder contains by design only the source language, the target content is populated during the project creation (or later but it's a PITA) and copied to target folders.

Is this an action that the PM has to perform manually, and, if so, how can she do this?

Just ask for correct files or take a look in your package.

Cheers
GG

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Presegmenting SDLXLIFF?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search