https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/225104-sdlx_f7_shortcut_does_not_work.html

SDLX: F7 shortcut does not work
Thread poster: Peter Fischer
Peter Fischer
Peter Fischer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:07
English to German
+ ...
May 18, 2012

Hi all,

I am currently working with SDLX 2007. Today, I noticed that some of the shortcuts don't work, e.g. F7 for the concordance search in TM source segments in SDL Edit. Choosing the concordance search feature via the menu (Menu > Translation Memory > Concordance > Source) does work, however.

Other things, I checked:
* I noticed that F8, the TM lookup shortcut in SDL Edit, does work though. Same goes for F4, which resets the target segment, and F1 for opening
... See more
Hi all,

I am currently working with SDLX 2007. Today, I noticed that some of the shortcuts don't work, e.g. F7 for the concordance search in TM source segments in SDL Edit. Choosing the concordance search feature via the menu (Menu > Translation Memory > Concordance > Source) does work, however.

Other things, I checked:
* I noticed that F8, the TM lookup shortcut in SDL Edit, does work though. Same goes for F4, which resets the target segment, and F1 for opening the help.
* Other shortcut keys that don't work are F5 (go to marked segment) and F6 (change cursor from source to target or vice versa).
* F7 is the shortcut for source text search in SDL Mainain (for editing TMs) where it also does not work.

Does anyone have an idea how I could solve that problem?

[OS: Windows Vista 32bit; I recovered it two weeks ago and had to re-install my application software]

Thank you,
Peter
Collapse

Peter Fischer
Peter Fischer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:07
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved May 18, 2012

Hi,

Okay, the problem is solved now. Although, I don't know what the problem was, but it SDLX works fine now.

Thank you
Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX: F7 shortcut does not work

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »