In need of urgent help...how can I export xliff.wsxz files into sdlxliff?
Thread poster: PGarciaJones

PGarciaJones  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
May 20, 2012

I received a package on Friday evening which I agreed to translate for Monday pm. I did not realise that the files are in xliff.wsxz and that it is not possible to open them in Studio 2011. I had this problem before and the pm exported them and re-sent them so I could work on them. The problem is that this is a job for SDL Chile and I have just received an "out of office" message stating that they are closed on Monday due to a national holiday.

Does anyone know how I can export them or who I might be able to ask for help?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice

Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:41
English to Hungarian
- May 20, 2012

you need to open it as a package, not as project

English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I did open it as a package May 20, 2012

but I get an error message as the file extension is not recognised. Last time they had to export them for me...not sure if I could do this myself or download a program that would allow me to do so. Do you know?

Thanks

Rename it to a .zip file May 23, 2012

Hi, Paula.

Just rename the wsxz file to one with a zip extension and open it as a regular archive. You will find sdlxliff files, you are looking for, inside.

But this is just an emergency workaround, in case you are in a hurry. I would be concerned, why your Trados Studio is not able to open the original wsxz package in first place.

Hope this helps,
Michal

English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks...it did work! May 23, 2012

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your answer. Nobody at SDL was able to give me that solution which meant that I was unable to open the files in time to do the translation. I have no idea why Trados is not opening the files in the wsxz extension and will try to look into it. It might be something to do with a setting but I couldn't find any information so far so hopefully, someone from SDL will be able to help.

Regards,

Paula

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:41
English
On the package May 23, 2012

Hi Paula,

It is really difficult to say what the problem may be without seeing the package. But as ytou have found out renaming to ZIP, extract the ZIP and open the XLF or SDLXLIFF file and also open the idiom.tmx file included should work as a workaround.

If you can send me the package we'll be pleased to take a look at it?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In need of urgent help...how can I export xliff.wsxz files into sdlxliff?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search