Manmohan Kaur  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:55
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 20, 2012

Hi all,

I am using Trados 2009 and everything was working fine but now something happened to the termbase. Although I have two different termbases for two language pairs but in the project settings it is showing "No results available"

I have checked multiterm, that is working fine.
I restarted my machine, but nothing changed.

I am adding entries to the termbases, those are working fine but in the 'Term Recoginition' window it is still showing "No results available"

Please help with any ideas that might worked, maybe something with the settings...

Thanks
MK

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:55
French to English
+ ...
Project settings May 20, 2012

Have you checked under project Settings, Termbases, that the termbases are actually activated for this file/project? I've found that although I activate the termbases at the beginning of the project, if I come back to the file the next time I start the computer by clicking on the file drop-down list which shows up next to Trados Studio 2009 in my desktop list, the termbases I've added disappear and I have to reselect them. If I just open Studio, however, without using the drop-down file list, and then click on the files menu and select the file I'm working on, the termbases are still there. Don't know whether this is deliberate, or a fluke in my particular case, but that's what I've observed.

Hope this helps - might be something different entirely, of course. Good luckanyway!

Claire

United States
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Termbase not working in Trados 2009 May 20, 2012

Thanks, Claire but this is not the case here.
The termbase is activated in this project.

Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 17:55
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
I encounter the same problem recently May 21, 2012

Hi Manmohan,

I am encountering the same problem as you. At least I know I am not alone. Hopefully someone from Trados Support helps us with this issue. It is indeed very annoying.

Regards,

Maria

Oleg Karnaushenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
MT2007? May 21, 2012

Maybe you also have MT2007 installed?
Then try to run "Activate MT2009" from side-by-side tolls before opening project.

Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
where exactly ? May 21, 2012

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for taking the time to answer! Where exactly are those tools to be found?

Regards,

Maria

United States
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Termbase not working in Trados 2009 May 21, 2012

Hi Oleg,

Can you please send some detailed description of the steps involved in this?

Thanks
MK

Mr. Mukhtar
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same problem here! Nov 14, 2012

Hello,
I found this article while searching for the solution of my problem "No results found" in Termbase Recognition window bearing in mind that I've 3 active termbases and 1 translation memory!

Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:55
English to German
+ ...
One more with this problem! Mar 16, 2013

Now I am encountering the same problem although this was working fine during more than one year!!
I guess this is this a time-programmed bug to force us to buy Trados 2011?icon_frown.gif((

Thanks a lot for any hint anyway!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase not working in Trados 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search