Studio 2011 SP1 issue with Word plug-in Duden Rechtschreib- und Grammatikprüfung
Thread poster: Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann

Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:28
Member (2009)
English to German
May 21, 2012

Hi,
since I have installed SP 1 in Studio 2011 the "Duden Rechtschreib- und Grammatikprüfung" does no longer appear in the document checks (it was supposed to be a new feature compared to the 2009 version). It worked bevore I installed SP 1.
No I get these annoying messages again, that Word style sheets are being changed when I shut down my computer and sometimes when I simply open and close Word 2010 (with Duden Rechtschreib- und Grammatikprüfung plug in).
Does anyone know about this issue?
Thanks and regards,
Susanne

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Similar problems here May 21, 2012

Dear Susanne,

I didn't know that the Duden spellchecker was supposed to work within Studio - I always make the detour via a word document exported with the SDLXLIFF Converter and check the spelling in Word.

Anyway, I've checked it now and the Duden spell checker indeed doesn't appear under Options - Editor - Spelling.

Also, I can confirm that since SP1, I keep getting those annoying error messages about Word style sheets.

So you're not alone...

Kind regards,
Erik

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It isn't.... May 21, 2012

efreitag wrote:

I didn't know that the Duden spellchecker was supposed to work within Studio - I always make the detour via a word document exported with the SDLXLIFF Converter and check the spelling in Word.

Hi both,

The only spell checkers out of the box are MS Spellchecker and Hunspell. I have no idea where you got the idea that Duden is supported?

Regards

Paul

Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011 uses Word spell checker, does no longer function after ínstalling SP! May 22, 2012

Pls. check this link

http://www.sdl.com/de/language-technology/resources/product-briefs/sdl-trados-studio-2011-product-brief.asp

4th Bullet on the right side of the page (you do not have to fill in the form to have access to these product features described):

Möglichkeit zur Nutzung von Microsoft-Word-Wörterbüchern für die Rechtschreibprüfung

Note: One of the "Microsft-Word-Wörterbücher" is the Duden-Rechtschreib- und Grammatikprüfung (plug-in)

Nevertheless, after installing SP it does no longer function (which it did bevor!!!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 SP1 issue with Word plug-in Duden Rechtschreib- und Grammatikprüfung

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search