Caroline Charlier  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 02:24
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
May 22, 2012

Hi,

I've got a text full of manual line breaks. Unfortunalty, my defining a new rule with "^l" did not work. After conversion to translatable format, I've still got full paragraphs in only one segment.

Can anybody help me on this?

Many thanks,
Caroline

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
I would suggest May 22, 2012

removing these line breaks in the source text which has been obviously converted from a PDF or some other format.

Caroline Charlier
Luxembourg
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adding new segmentation rule to TM in Studio 2011 - manual line break May 22, 2012

Hello Natalie,

Yes, this is what I did, but for delivery, I still had to reformat everything back!!! Now removing manual line breaks is one thing, re-inserting them where needed is another.

I still hope there is a Trados possibility to solve my issue .

Many thanks.
Caroline

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you share a sample of the file? May 22, 2012

Hi Caroline,

If you can email me a short sample of the document, or the document itself, I'll be happy to take a look for you?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Adam Bojan
Adam Bojan  Identity Verified
Poland
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
see link May 22, 2012

Hi Caroline,
If by "manual line breaks" you mean "soft returns", see the link http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/209545-what_are_the_top_reasons_to_upgrade_from_studio_2009_to_studio_2011-page3.html
Paul gives there the solution for adding soft return segmentation to Studio by using the
... See more
Hi Caroline,
If by "manual line breaks" you mean "soft returns", see the link http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/209545-what_are_the_top_reasons_to_upgrade_from_studio_2009_to_studio_2011-page3.html
Paul gives there the solution for adding soft return segmentation to Studio by using the powerful regex formula.

cheers,
Adam
Collapse

Caroline Charlier
Luxembourg
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS! It works now!!! May 23, 2012

Thanks ever so much for this link! After a couple of trials, IT DOES WORK FINE!!!

I still think SDL should make the way easier, since I've absolutely no idea of "regex", but thanks for these answers, Adam and Paul.

Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding new segmentation rule to TM in Studio 2011 - manual line break

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »