How to update or add TU from a SDLXLIFF to a TM?
Thread poster: Lucia Vargas

Lucia Vargas  Identity Verified
Tunisia
Local time: 18:50
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
May 23, 2012

Hi,

I am doing a translation in Trados Studio 2009 but at the middle of the job I realized that in my project configuration the TM I am using is set to not be updated with each new TU. I'd like to update this TM with all the contents of my current SDLXLIFF file, without having to reconfirm the translation segment by segment, which is the only way I know to add the TU to the TM. Any idea? Thanks!

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
French to English
+ ...
A possible solution May 23, 2012

I'm a relative beginner with Trados, but this was suggested as a way of validating all the numbers in my translation without having to validate them individually and I imagine it would work in your case too. This came from Paul at SDL Trados Support, so my apologies for quoting him directly:

Select all segments at once by clicking on the segment
number at the top to highlight the first segment, then
scroll down and while holding the shift key down click on
the last segment number. Now right click over the segment
numbers column and change the status to whatever you like.
You can then run a batch task to update the TM.

Hope it works!

Claire

Lucia Vargas  Identity Verified
Tunisia
Local time: 18:50
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
The batch task is what was needed May 23, 2012

Claire, thanks!, the batch task is what I needed to do, precisely I was trying to find out how to update the TM in a single step but I didn't know where to search for a command like this.

Regarding the selection of segments, you know I tried that before, but selecting all segments and changing their status, for example to "translated", doesn't render the TM updated with the corresponding TU's. But the batch task did, so thank you so much, and Paul alsoicon_wink.gif

Have a nice day/night!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to update or add TU from a SDLXLIFF to a TM?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search