Return Package disabled
Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.

Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 23, 2012

Hi everyone,

I received a package from my client, doubled clicked on it, SDL then started creating the project, until I clicked "finish". Now, I think this is where the problem happens. Once the project was created, I clicked on the TM view, but no TM was loaded, I clicked on the Editor view, the file was not loaded. So, I had to manually go to the folder where I saved the project. I searched for the file to work on, found it under Ar-Eng, double clicked it and then it opened and I started the translation. Perhaps that is the problem. The reason might be is that I worked on a single file, rather than a whole project. No wonder the "return package" was disabled then. If my diagnosis is correct, I am still not sure what to do about that. When the project is created, neither the TM nor the file for translating open on their own. Can you please help at this point? TIA

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just a few things... May 24, 2012

Noha Kamal, PhD. wrote:

... I clicked on the TM view, but no TM was loaded, ...

Hi Noha,

The TM is loaded as part of the project settings. Studio is not like working with Workbench where you have to specifically open the TM to use it. The TM View is for TM Maintenance only.

Noha Kamal, PhD. wrote:

... I clicked on the Editor view, the file was not loaded.

The file will only be visible in the editor when you open it. The project could contain hundreds of files and folders so they are not opened automatically. So, click on the Files View inbetween Projects and Reports and then double click the file you want to open. Now it will open in the Editor. If you go thruogh what you did then you are creating a new Project within the project and this will of course not allow a return package to be created because you didn't open the package in the first place (for the file you subsequently opened)

Noha Kamal, PhD. wrote:

...No wonder the "return package" was disabled then.

So if you go through the process I suggested then you will find that the create return package feature is enabled.

Regards

Paul

Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paul you are a life saver May 24, 2012

That's exactly what was wrong.
Thanks a million, pal.

Linda Brunet  Identity Verified
French to English
Same problem as Noha Jan 8, 2014

Hello, I did the exact same thing as Noha and so cannot create a Return project.

I followed the discussion with great interest until Paul said:

"So if you go through the process I suggested then you will find that the create return package feature is enabled."

Apparently, this worked for Noha, but I did not understand what the steps in the 'process' are to enable the Create Return Package button.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Linda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Return Package disabled

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search