SDL TRADOS 2011 SP1 SpellChecking Disabled for Korean
Thread poster: Gene Oh

Gene Oh  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 08:46
English to Korean
May 24, 2012

Can anybody help me?

I have upgraded my SDL Trados Studio 2009 to SDL TRADOS 2011 SP1. One of my expectations was the feature of MSWord spell checking. However, I am very disappointed knowing that Korean language is not supported. In the "Tools" menu, "Check Spelling (Language not supported)" appears in grey even though I selected "MSWord Spell Checker" in "Options" - "Editor" - "Spelling" - "Active Spell Checker". I have my MSWord 2007 installed on my desktop computer, and it has MSWord spell checking function. I have so far been using this function but I want the same function on the SDL TRADOS screen. Is there any way I can use MSWord Spell Checker in Korean on SDL Trados 2011 SP1?

[Edited at 2012-05-25 03:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-25 03:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-25 03:08 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS 2011 SP1 SpellChecking Disabled for Korean

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search