Charles van der Heiden
Charles van der Heiden
Belgium
Local time: 07:07
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 25, 2012

Hello,
In my source document, a hyperlink appears in the middle of the sentence in following format:
www.name.de.
In the editor window the first part of the sentence, including the hyperlink appears in one segment, with the hyperlink contained between two tags "hyperlink".
In the next segment, t
... See more
Hello,
In my source document, a hyperlink appears in the middle of the sentence in following format:
www.name.de.
In the editor window the first part of the sentence, including the hyperlink appears in one segment, with the hyperlink contained between two tags "hyperlink".
In the next segment, the hyperlink is repeated as follows: http://www.name.de.
The remaining part of the sentence is shown in the 3rd segment.
Even if I change the setting for hyperlinks from always process to never process, the program keeps producing this "in between segment".

Questions:
1) I don't need the full link http://etc. in my target. How do I instruct the program not to include it in a separate segment in the source section of the editor?
2) If I try to merge the 3 sections, which is necessary because they are only one sentence, the "merge" function is disabled. Any solution?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - merging segments

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »