Workbench window not appearing! (Trados 2007)
Thread poster: Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:23
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
May 25, 2012

Hello all,

I cannot see my Workbench window! I am not sure why because I didn't do anything differently than usual.

--> When I open TagEditor, I am asked (as usual) if I want to open Workbench as well. I say "yes" and then the WB tab appears on my toolbar at the bottom of my screen. However, only the TagEditor window appears on my screen. When I try to maximize the WB window from the toolbar, it doesn't work either. The Concordance window, on the other hand, does maxim
... See more
Hello all,

I cannot see my Workbench window! I am not sure why because I didn't do anything differently than usual.

--> When I open TagEditor, I am asked (as usual) if I want to open Workbench as well. I say "yes" and then the WB tab appears on my toolbar at the bottom of my screen. However, only the TagEditor window appears on my screen. When I try to maximize the WB window from the toolbar, it doesn't work either. The Concordance window, on the other hand, does maximize without any problem.

So far, I have tried > restarting the computer, starting Workbench first then TagEditor. No success!!

Does anyone know why this is happening? Have you heard of such problem before? Is there anything I should try? I read somewhere that there is something with Java that I may need to download?

(I am panicking a little, because my Monday deadline is approaching and I need to get started on this project ASAP)(

MANY THANKS!!
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:23
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
2nd monitor? May 25, 2012

If you used another monitor, you might have "left" Workbench on it!
Try clicking on Workbench in the task bar and then pressing the Windows button + arrow keys to bring it back onto your current monitor.

If that's not the case, try looking in Windows Task Administrator (right click in the task bar) >Applications>Workbench (right click) Bring to front.

HTH

Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:23
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Emma > May 25, 2012

Hello!
Many thanks for your swift response and suggestions. Unfortunately, it didn't work
I am not using a 2nd monitor, so I tried your second suggestion, but no success.
I am thinking if perhaps it is a sign that I should upgrade to Trados 2011 (hopefully the same issue won't appear there too).
Thank you!

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:23
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solution May 25, 2012

It happened to me one time. As far as I remember, this is the solution: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/196636-impossibility_to_maximize_the_workbench_window.html

[Edited at 2012-05-25 13:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-25 14:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench window not appearing! (Trados 2007)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »