Michèle von Arb  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:38
Member (2010)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 28, 2012

Hello!

I have a big, urgent problem. I have unistalled Studio 2009 because of a Virus problem. Now I like to reinstall it but appears the message: "Unexpected error occured and the program was aborted. If the problem repeats pls generate a debug log (usually found in C:/programData/SDL/Chainer/Logs) and contact technical support...Error regarding the suite file C:/Program Files/(x86)/SDL/Installers/SDL Trados Studio 2009/TranslationStudio.professional.Suite."

Someone can help me please? What is the problem? It's very urgent...

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards
Michèle

Direct link Reply with quote

Toto Marwoto  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 08:38
Member (2012)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
What a pity May 28, 2012

Hello ,

Ouch,...i was having same experience with you, i tried back and forth many many times to reinstall it. But..sadly, i succeeded to reinstall my windows 7 and Trados 2009 back after i format my hard drive twice. But my friend said that it means the virus attack so badly and severe enough to prevent data being written onto the hard disk surface. But I am not trying to scared you away. Oh yeah, I am Toto from Indonesia. I hope you can solve your problems not like the way i solved mine.

Warm Regards,

Toto Marwoto

Michèle von Arb  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:38
Member (2010)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your info! May 30, 2012

Hello Toto!

Thank you so much for your informations...Unfortunately I'm still trying but it doesn't works:-( I had a remote session with SDL but it really seems that it was a strong virus attack!! I just hope to recover my Trados memory!

Thank you again and best regards to Indonesia:-)
Michèle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009:Problems with reinstalling

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search