Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
United States
Local time: 07:21
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
May 28, 2012

Hello,

When I use Find/Replace to search for a particular TU in the Translation Memory View, it only searches one page (50 TUs), and than comes with the message "Finished Search Current Page. Do you wish to continue searching the next page?"

Is there a way to search the whole TM, instead of page by page? I've been looking for some setting to change, but haven't found anything.

Thanks.

František Tomášik
František Tomášik
Slovakia
Local time: 13:21
German to Slovak
+ ...
First, in Search Detail specify text you need to replace May 28, 2012

Hi,
First, in Search Detail specify either Source or Target Text you need to find. The program will list all TUs with the text you've specified. Then you can use the Find/Replace feature to replace the text.

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:21
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Still page by page May 28, 2012

However, the search only goes through the first page. I have the same problem and would be grateful for an answer.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:21
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Batch edit May 28, 2012

Instead of using the find & replace icons in the bar at the top, which goes through screen by screen, you should be using batch edit.

Go to file>batch edit and add a new action (find&replace).

Batch edit is a powerful feature because you can combine different actions (rename fields, delete tags, F&R, etc.). It doesn't have an undo button though, so I suggest you make a copy of your TM before you carry out any batch editing tasks.

HTH!

United States
Local time: 07:21
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Search+ Find/Replace and Bathch Edit will work for me. May 28, 2012

Thanks, Emma and František, for the suggestions.

Emma, I have never used Batch Edit but will give it a try. It sounds very useful in a lot of situations.

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TU Find/Replace page by page only? Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »