Thread poster: Eleni Makantani

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 13:56
English to Greek
+ ...
May 28, 2012

Hello,

I am working on a file with high repetitivity and as units are inserted from TM, I see that the font changes from the source (i.e., Times New Roman in source --> Arial in target or Bold in target, different colour etc.). Do you know if there is some setting I can do to prevent this from happening? I work in TagEditor 2007 and only .ttx files are available.

Many thanks,
Eleni

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:56
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
WYSINWYG May 28, 2012

What you see is NOT what you get.

The actual font, size, color of the final exported target text are determined by tags. As long as you make sure that all the tags from the source occur in the right place in the target, you have nothing to worry about. It doesn't matter if your text shows up in bold and green on your screen, it will look just fine in the final output. It's all in the tags.

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 13:56
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: WYSINWYG May 28, 2012

Hello Heike,

Thank you for your answer. Actually, I panicked when I noticed that, because it is a very long file and I won't have the time to "fix" all the messed-up fonts. It's good to know that it won't be necessary.

Best regards,
E.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: font changes for units from TM

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search