bullet changes into ? using TagEditor
Thread poster: Shang

Shang
China
Local time: 12:54
English to Chinese
Jul 4, 2004

Hi colleagues,

When I translate htm files using TagEditor, all bullets (dots) and (C) (copyright) change into question marks (?). Any good advice for this?

Thanks in advance.
Edmund

[Edited at 2004-07-04 11:16]

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:54
English to German
Possible reason Jul 5, 2004

Hi Edmund,

Are these bullets being displayed correctly when you open the HTML file in your browser? If they aren't, the reason could be a missing font on your machine or a missing style sheet. Did you check the HEAD section in the HTML file?

Regards,
Stefan

Shang
China
Local time: 12:54
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
maybe internal conversion error Jul 5, 2004

Hi Stefan,

The bullets can't appear correctly in my browser. And the HEAD section works well. I guess this may be caused by internal conversion between single- and double-byte character sets. Such a conversion may go awry soemtimes.

Thanks.
Edmund

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bullet changes into ? using TagEditor

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search