bullet changes into ? using TagEditor
Thread poster: Shang

Shang
China
Local time: 13:11
English to Chinese
Jul 4, 2004

Hi colleagues,

When I translate htm files using TagEditor, all bullets (dots) and (C) (copyright) change into question marks (?). Any good advice for this?

Thanks in advance.
Edmund

[Edited at 2004-07-04 11:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:11
English to German
Possible reason Jul 5, 2004

Hi Edmund,

Are these bullets being displayed correctly when you open the HTML file in your browser? If they aren't, the reason could be a missing font on your machine or a missing style sheet. Did you check the HEAD section in the HTML file?

Regards,
Stefan

Shang
China
Local time: 13:11
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
maybe internal conversion error Jul 5, 2004

Hi Stefan,

The bullets can't appear correctly in my browser. And the HEAD section works well. I guess this may be caused by internal conversion between single- and double-byte character sets. Such a conversion may go awry soemtimes.

Thanks.
Edmund

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bullet changes into ? using TagEditor

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search