Trados: how to handle HTML
Thread poster: Bag-Trans

Bag-Trans
France
Local time: 19:04
May 29, 2012

Hello Everybody!

I hope you could help me with the following. I'm trying to create a usable ttx or sdlxliff having as a source 1 xls file containing several columns and numerous html tags.

Basically the text looks like this:

div id="{{tab1Anchor}}" class="contenttab"
h3>Création de société à SingapourSingapour est une destination clé de par sa position aux portes aériennes des flux asiatiques.  Bénéficiant à la fois d’une notoriété grâce à sa réussite économique, Singapour est bien souvent montrée en exemple pour son urbanisation qui s’entremêle magnifiquement avec une végétation magnifique./p>

(I have removed several < signs to show the tags)

- and when I'm creating a bilingual file, Trados does not recognize all the HTML tags and converts it in translatable text.

Is there any method to let him replace all the HTML stuff by a corresponfing tag? Or to do something in order to create a usable bilingual file and not an incomprehensible thing.

Many thanks in advance for your help/advices!

Daniel

[Edited at 2012-05-29 14:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-29 14:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-29 14:20 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: how to handle HTML

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search