Trados: how to handle HTML
Thread poster: Bag-Trans

Bag-Trans
France
Local time: 00:19
May 29, 2012

Hello Everybody!

I hope you could help me with the following. I'm trying to create a usable ttx or sdlxliff having as a source 1 xls file containing several columns and numerous html tags.

Basically the text looks like this:

div id="{{tab1Anchor}}" class="contenttab"
h3>Création de société à SingapourSingapour est une destination clé de par sa position aux portes aériennes des flux asiatiques.  Bénéficiant à la fois d’une notoriété grâce à sa réussite économique, Singapour est bien souvent montrée en exemple pour son urbanisation qui s’entremêle magnifiquement avec une végétation magnifique./p>

(I have removed several < signs to show the tags)

- and when I'm creating a bilingual file, Trados does not recognize all the HTML tags and converts it in translatable text.

Is there any method to let him replace all the HTML stuff by a corresponfing tag? Or to do something in order to create a usable bilingual file and not an incomprehensible thing.

Many thanks in advance for your help/advices!

Daniel

[Edited at 2012-05-29 14:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-29 14:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-29 14:20 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: how to handle HTML

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search