https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/225931-multiterm_termbase_multiple_occurences_of_same_word.html

Multiterm Termbase - Multiple occurences of same word
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:09
Italian to English
May 29, 2012

Perhaps this is a stupid question but I have found that with Studio 2011 and Multiterm 2001, if a term from the termbase is repeated several times in a single sentence, for example:

setup parameters, configuration parameters, calculation parameters

If the word parameters is in my termbase, it only comes up the first time. After I accept it, the second and third times I have to write in the word "parameters" in because it seems, Multiterm thinks it has already been used
... See more
Perhaps this is a stupid question but I have found that with Studio 2011 and Multiterm 2001, if a term from the termbase is repeated several times in a single sentence, for example:

setup parameters, configuration parameters, calculation parameters

If the word parameters is in my termbase, it only comes up the first time. After I accept it, the second and third times I have to write in the word "parameters" in because it seems, Multiterm thinks it has already been used.

Is there a way around this? It can really be a waste of time and I have found this occurs quite frequently in the type of texts I do.

Thanks in advance
Eileen
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Options May 29, 2012

Dear Eileen,

I'm using the German UI, so you may have to search a bit, but anyway:

Go to Extras - Options. In the list on the left side, choose Autosuggest. You'll then find the option you're looking for on the right side. You want the option unchecked.

Kind regards,
Erik

Gabriel Francesch (X)
Gabriel Francesch (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
+1 May 30, 2012

The solution described by Erik works!

Actually, I just asked the same question, so it's totally not a stupid question

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Erik Jun 3, 2012

Just what the doctor ordered. I knew it had to be in there somewhere.
Thanks
Eileen

Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
French to Dutch
+ ...
Thank you! Jun 22, 2012

I just ran into the same problem as Eileen. Thanks for your suggestion, I've never solved a Trados 'problem' this quick before

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Termbase - Multiple occurences of same word

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »