Mark Lewis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:24
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
May 30, 2012

Hello,

I get an error when trying to export my translated document in SDL Trados Studio 2011. It says missing bookmark end tag with name _Toc101751358

I can see no tags related to bookmarks in the target translation. What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Tonja Gaspersic
Tonja Gaspersic
Slovenia
Local time: 13:24
German to Slovenian
+ ...
The same problem! May 30, 2012

Hello, Mark,

Did you get any solution to your problem? Obviously I have the same problem as you, and I can not solve it.

Regards,

Tonja

Mark Lewis
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found a solution May 30, 2012

Tonja Gaspersic wrote:

Hello, Mark,

Did you get any solution to your problem? Obviously I have the same problem as you, and I can not solve it.

Regards,

Tonja

Hi Tonja,

My solution was a poor one, but enabled me at least to export the document. I recorded all the document translation into the translation memory, removed the offending lines from the original, reimported into a new project, applied the translation and exported.

F8 validation game me validation errors but I was not able to 'ignore' that one. I tried locking the offending segment and changing the options to 'ignore locked lines' but that didn't work either.

Hope that helps,

Mark

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe... May 30, 2012

... you can look for this bookmark on the original word document. Sometimes there are bookmarks that have no references and the filters stumble on this. If you remove the bookmark the file may process.

Regards

Paul

Mark Lewis
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bookmark not in target May 31, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

... you can look for this bookmark on the original word document. Sometimes there are bookmarks that have no references and the filters stumble on this. If you remove the bookmark the file may process.

Regards

Paul

Well I didn't recall how to 'reveal codes' in Word 2007 to search for it, so I based my search on the text. However, its all illogical because the bookmark was in the source only. The file still opened properly in Studio but would not export even though the bookmark was not present in the target.

Added to this, the F8 analysis does not allow the error to be ignored as with other errors and turning off file tag validation does nothing either, so I have to add the deleted text back into the final file. This is clearly just a bug.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
That may be.... May 31, 2012

Mark Lewis wrote:

Well I didn't recall how to 'reveal codes' in Word 2007 to search for it, so I based my search on the text. However, its all illogical because the bookmark was in the source only. The file still opened properly in Studio but would not export even though the bookmark was not present in the target.

Added to this, the F8 analysis does not allow the error to be ignored as with other errors and turning off file tag validation does nothing either, so I have to add the deleted text back into the final file. This is clearly just a bug.

... I was just suggesting a possible solution to your problem. Without your file I have no idea of knowing what the issue really is anyway.

Regards

Paul

Mark Lewis
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just clarifying May 31, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

... I was just suggesting a possible solution to your problem. Without your file I have no idea of knowing what the issue really is anyway.

Paul

Hi Paul. No attack meant on you, thanks for your help.
I just wanted to make the point that it seems illogical that an export error should occur if the bookmark is only included in source and not target and that none of the logical workarounds help. The only solution was to identify the para in the source file and start again (after memorising the segments)

Cheers, Mark

[Edited at 2012-05-31 13:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot export a translated document missing bookmark

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »