Thread poster: TRIDIOM

TRIDIOM
Spain
Local time: 06:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 30, 2012

Hi,

We are currently doing a very big translation for a client who is not a translation agency but who uses Trados Studio 2011 and requests us to use it.

The texts are not technical or difficult, just descriptions of places to visit so we are using Beglobal and GT in coordination with the client's TM, our order of preference being: Client's TM, GT and Beglobal. My question is:

If when translating I decide to choose the GT or BG options (by using Atl+2 or Alt + 3) automatically in status, the AT appears next to my segment, and thus my client will know that I have used an Automated translation. All translations are edited and proofread, as we do not do copy & paste jobs, but still I would prefer this AT (automatic translation) status not to appear when it is sent to this client. The reason for this is that the client may assume that AT means that an automated translation has been used when, in fact, it has been proofread and edited, before being accepted. Is there a way of changing this status?

I guess we can reapply the TM to the source file and get all CM but that would seem as if there were no fuzzy matches and it is not an option either. I could also just “read” the AT options and type my version directly but this is not as quick as editing.

Have any of you experienced this before? Is there some simple way to change it?

Thanks!

Marta
TRIDIOM S.L.

Direct link Reply with quote

Atso Puronen
Local time: 07:28
English to Finnish
May depend on your delivery format May 30, 2012

Will you be returning the translations as a project package, SDLXLIFF, SDLTM or TMX?

Atso

TRIDIOM
Spain
Local time: 06:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DELIVERY FORMAT May 30, 2012

Hi Atso

In this case as a SDLXLIFF files with the corresponding project files (I believe the client still does not know very well how to use the software or packages).

Marta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing status of AT segments in SDL studio 2011 professional

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search