SDL NumCheck 4 unhandled exception
Thread poster: svekris
May 30, 2012

Hi!

When I try to analayze itd file it gives me following error message.

Has anyone successfully solved this?

[Edited at 2012-05-30 17:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-31 07:27 GMT]

Pedro Andrade  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:14
English to Portuguese
SDL NumCheck 4 unhandled exception Jul 23, 2012

svekris wrote:

Hi!

When I try to analayze itd file it gives me following error message.

Has anyone successfully solved this?

[Edited at 2012-05-30 17:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-31 07:27 GMT]

Hello,

Have you found a solution for this yet?
I have the same problem.

Regards,
Pedro

nixcalo
Local time: 22:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
How do I get that? Aug 28, 2012

I have been unsuccessfully trying to put my hands into a copy of Numcheck. Could you try and PM a link with the software? I understand it was not for public release, but it was not piracy either, it was some kind of internal QA tool that was never officially released but not forbidden either. COuld you please PM me a link to it? I promise I would try to see that problem you had.

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:14
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Same problem Aug 28, 2012

Numcheck worked just fine on my Win 7 32 and now I switched to Win 7 64, and I get this error.
Any solutions?

Caroline Rösler  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:14
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Numcheck 3 uncompatible with Windows 7, 64 bit Aug 29, 2012

Dear Alina,
Numcheck 3 is supposed to be uncompatible with Windows 7, 64 bit, this is what they told me at SDL. I have been looking for an easier workaround and found your post on Numcheck 4. For now I installed Numcheck on another PC with Windows XP, run the numchecks on that PC and attach the generated checklog to the back batch. Nasty, but for now there seems to be no better solution available (if there was, please tell me!!!).

Take care,

Caroline

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Well Aug 29, 2012

I found no solution and SDL people did not answer me so far.
So I did not run the Numcheck logs and that was that.

Edgars Briska  Identity Verified
Spanish to Latvian
+ ...
This solution worked for me! Mar 13, 2013

I had the same problem with this Numcheck 4 error on 64 bit systems (Windows 7 and 8), but a fellow computer guru found a solution for me which is detailed in the following link regarding another 32 bit program in a 64 bit environment:

http://www.everything-virtual.com/?p=279

Basically you need to download the file Corflags.exe from this link, lauch an elevated command prompt (i.e. run the cmd as administrator), use commands to go to the folder where corflags.exe is saved and run the following:

corflags "C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International\SDL NumCheck 4\SDL NumCheck 4.exe" /32BIT+

If the Numcheck is installed in another folder, use the correct path, of course.

This worked for me flawlessly.

Cheers.
Edgars

[Rediģēts plkst. 2013-03-13 19:16 GMT]

[Rediģēts plkst. 2013-03-13 19:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL NumCheck 4 unhandled exception

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search