Trados 2009- lost translations
Thread poster: Ceren Coşar
Ceren Coşar  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 23:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 2, 2012

I am working with Trados 2009 for a project.

I have translated about 30 K. Then my client sent me a new TM and requested me to add it to the project.

When I added it (not imported into other TMs, just added to the project) and applied to the document, I lost all translations. Both in TM and in the document.

When I export current TM, it exports only 2 strings which were also in original TM but the size is 1824 KB. The original TM has also 2 strings but size was 240 KB. So I suspect that current TM includes something else, perhaps my translations.

Is there anyone who can help me about this issue

Ceren

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:47
English
Where to start? Jun 4, 2012

Hi Ceren,

If you have already translated 30K words and have now lost your translations I wondering where best to start. It sounds to me as though you used a Project to start off with, based on you coming back to the same file in order to do 30K words in more than one sitting. It also sounds as though you used a Project TM because you must have been happy this far...

Then here's my guess. You added the clients TM in Tools - Options as this is where your Main TM is and then either created a new Project or used the Open Document approach to open the file from scratch and then pretranlsated. The result being that only matches that would have been there before you started work, or in the Clients TM, are provided.

If this is the case it is probably because the work you have done so far is in your Project TM for the original project and you have not updated the Main TM yet.

The best approach, if this is what has happenned, would have been to add the new TM to your Project and then pretranslate to update your Project.

Perhaps some of this guessing will help point you in the right direction or help you to provide more information that will help someone here identify the issue.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009- lost translations

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search