Thread poster: Maureen Wilkins

Maureen Wilkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:20
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2012

I am working with Studio 2011 (SP1) - Windows 7.
I cannot understand why the Termbase search window has suddenly stopped working, although the terms from my termbase are being retrieved in Autosuggest.

I have tried using the batch file that used to fix this for Studio 2009, when switching between Freelance 2007 and Studio 2009. This does not work.
Does anyone know if there is a similar batch file for Studio 2011?

Regards
Maureen

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:20
English
If they are being retrieved by... Jun 2, 2012

... AutoSuggest then it must be working. Are you sur you don't have the termbase search window active instead of the termbase results window?

Theybare next to each other so maybe you clicked into the search and are simply not displaying them?

Do you see red lines over the tems in the source too? This would also suggest the reason is you just don't have the right window active.

Regards

Paul

Maureen Wilkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:20
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - Paul Jun 2, 2012

Thanks Paul
You're a lifesaver.
Yes, I had the wrong window enabled. It's the term recognition window I need to see. It's working now.

Hope you're getting some time off this weekend.

Maureen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - termbase search window stopped working

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search