Thread poster: Mari Luz Ponce

Mari Luz Ponce  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 3, 2012

Hello,
I´m using trados 2007 and when working with TagEditor, the program doesn´t show me segments I´ve previously translated.
They appear as translated in the TM, but tageditor doesn´t bring them up when opening a segment (it only copies again the original text, not showing the translation), therefore I have to re-translate or copy/paste the already existing translation.
I keep saving the document, but still not working.
Any idea of what the problem may be? Any help will be much appreciated, as I have about 3k repetitions which I seem to have to retype every time!!
Thanks a lot!!

ML

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Probably presegmented TTX file Jun 3, 2012

My guess is that you received a TTX file that your 'helpful' client pretranslated with the TM. If you have Trados Studio, you can use it to delete the translations, export the TTX and start again (using your TM and the existing translations).

If you don't, you can use the 'Export unknown segments' feature under Analyse in Translator's Workbench. Select the RTF format, translate that file (you may lose some context for your segments in the RTF file, so refer to the TTX). After you're done, use Translate in Translators' Workbench and translate the TTX file at 100%. Check for untranslated segments afterwards (they are possible due to segmentation differences).

Alternatively, you don't have to copy and paste, but you can use the Get command (Alt + Insert). Still, it is more time consuming and error prone.

Hope that helps.
Adam

Mari Luz Ponce  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Probably presegmented TTX file Jun 4, 2012

Thank you so much, Adam!!

Yes, I think the client DID pretranslate the ttx file.
First I´ll ask the "helpful" client to send me the proper file and I´ll use the existing TM for the whole file, and if that´s not possible, then I´ll try your options.

Thanks again!!

Kindest regards,

Mariluz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TadEditor not showing repetitions when opening a segment

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search