Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:01
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 3, 2012

Hello
I just bought a laptop running Windows 7. I installed Trados Studio 2007 (as I still have a couple of clients using the older version) and 2011 SP1. I then installed my old Office Pro 2003 SP3 and had no problems in displaying the MultiTerm8 bar. I could add and use all my termbases. I then decided to install Office 2007, mainly because I needed an updated version of Outlook. As I had many user templates and macros and converting them into 2007 is a hassle I can do without, I decided to install Office 2007 side-by-side. Now both Word 2003 and 2007 display the termbase bar, but in languages I do not need and I cannot load my own termbase. In both I get messages telling me the macro has been disabled. In 2007 I can choose my termbses, but after adding them, I get a run time error.
I changed the macro settings in Word options to enable all macros. Always under Word options I checked the add-in and in Word/STARTUP I have both Multiterm8.dot and Multiterm8.dotm enabled. Before I consign 2007 to the bin keeping only Outlook, is there a way of solving this problem?
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thank you
Grazia Weiner

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Multiterm bar when running Office 2003 and 2007 side by side

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search