Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:33
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 3, 2012

Hello
I just bought a laptop running Windows 7. I installed Trados Studio 2007 (as I still have a couple of clients using the older version) and 2011 SP1. I then installed my old Office Pro 2003 SP3 and had no problems in displaying the MultiTerm8 bar. I could add and use all my termbases. I then decided to install Office 2007, mainly because I needed an updated version of Outlook. As I had many user templates and macros and converting them into 2007 is a hassle I can do without, I decided
... See more
Hello
I just bought a laptop running Windows 7. I installed Trados Studio 2007 (as I still have a couple of clients using the older version) and 2011 SP1. I then installed my old Office Pro 2003 SP3 and had no problems in displaying the MultiTerm8 bar. I could add and use all my termbases. I then decided to install Office 2007, mainly because I needed an updated version of Outlook. As I had many user templates and macros and converting them into 2007 is a hassle I can do without, I decided to install Office 2007 side-by-side. Now both Word 2003 and 2007 display the termbase bar, but in languages I do not need and I cannot load my own termbase. In both I get messages telling me the macro has been disabled. In 2007 I can choose my termbses, but after adding them, I get a run time error.
I changed the macro settings in Word options to enable all macros. Always under Word options I checked the add-in and in Word/STARTUP I have both Multiterm8.dot and Multiterm8.dotm enabled. Before I consign 2007 to the bin keeping only Outlook, is there a way of solving this problem?
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thank you
Grazia Weiner
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Multiterm bar when running Office 2003 and 2007 side by side

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »