SDL Trados 2007 Windows 7 Error (Error Name: CLR20r3)
Thread poster: Bora Tasdemir

Bora Tasdemir  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:17
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2012

Hi collegues,

I have just installed SDL Trados for my laptop operating with windows 7. Although i can run the Workbench perfectly well with Office 2007, i cannot run the main program SDL Trados 2007. Whenever i double click it to run, only an error window opens and gives me just two windows options ("quit program" or "look for online solutions and quit program"). It's error name is CLR20r3 .

I have already tried reinstalling it but it didn't work. Are there anyone who knows why this happens and/or how can i solve this problem? Has it something to do with the operating system windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

juliette_K  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
I don't know whether this can help, but... Jun 6, 2012

Hi Bora,

have you tried uninstalling Synergy? As far as I can recall, there are/were compatibility issues between Synergy and 64-bits Windows (if this is the system you have).

Also, try and have a look at this:
http://www.personalcomputerfixes.com/general-errors/how-to-fix-clr20r3-error/

Ciao,
Giunia

Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Colombia
English to Spanish
The same situation Jun 6, 2012

I get the same error, however all applications seem to work when selecting them from the start menu...

Bora Tasdemir  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will try this one Jun 6, 2012

juliette_K wrote:

Hi Bora,

have you tried uninstalling Synergy? As far as I can recall, there are/were compatibility issues between Synergy and 64-bits Windows (if this is the system you have).

Also, try and have a look at this:
http://www.personalcomputerfixes.com/general-errors/how-to-fix-clr20r3-error/

Ciao,
Giunia

Hi Giuina,

Yes, that's the system i have and i haven't tried that, i will tell after i try your suggestion. And will try to do the ones listed on the ling you shared.

Thanks for caring about my problem issue, ciao!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Windows 7 Error (Error Name: CLR20r3)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search