Thread poster: INES Reisch

INES Reisch  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:41
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 6, 2012

Hello colleagues,

I got a mif file from the client and the tmx ...
I get an error message when saving a translation in a mif file which is in framemakter 8.0 v2.0.0.0 and I have checked the version of my Trados Studio 2009 framemaker and I have framemaker 8.0 v1.0.0.0

When opening the xcliff mif> appears an error message: the depending file can not be find /the programme is looking for the original file before converting
But nevertheless I can open it and than I can start the translation but when I want to save the translated file the follwing eror message appears: "no se ha encontrado la ruta de acceso de la red" (path for the access to the network not found")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already checked the trados knowledgebase and according to them I did also the following:
SDL confirms that this issue arises from the Adobe FrameMaker filter that ships with SDL Trados Studio 2009. Until a permanent fix is available, use the workaround explained below.
1. Open SDL Trados Studio 2009.
2. Click Tools > Options in Studio.
3. Expand the File Types section in the Options window.
4. Double-click the Adobe FrameMaker file type.
5. Click Settings listed under Adobe FrameMaker.
6. Check the box adjacent to Process Text Inset Content and click OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could anybody of you help me with this problem?
Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009:mif file framemaker 8.0 v2.0.0.0 error when saving

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search