Thread poster: inesfly

inesfly
Spain
Local time: 15:58
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 6, 2012

Hello colleagues,

I got a mif file from the client and the tmx ...
I get an error message when saving a translation in a mif file which is in framemakter 8.0 v2.0.0.0 and I have checked the version of my Trados Studio 2009 framemaker and I have framemaker 8.0 v1.0.0.0

When opening the xcliff mif> appears an error message: the depending file can not be find /the programme is looking for the original file before converting
But nevertheless I can open it and than I can start the translation but when I want to save the translated file the follwing eror message appears: "no se ha encontrado la ruta de acceso de la red" (path for the access to the network not found")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already checked the trados knowledgebase and according to them I did also the following:
SDL confirms that this issue arises from the Adobe FrameMaker filter that ships with SDL Trados Studio 2009. Until a permanent fix is available, use the workaround explained below.
1. Open SDL Trados Studio 2009.
2. Click Tools > Options in Studio.
3. Expand the File Types section in the Options window.
4. Double-click the Adobe FrameMaker file type.
5. Click Settings listed under Adobe FrameMaker.
6. Check the box adjacent to Process Text Inset Content and click OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could anybody of you help me with this problem?
Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Ines

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009:mif file framemaker 8.0 v2.0.0.0 error when saving

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search