Thread poster: Malgoldberg

Malgoldberg
United States
Local time: 08:59
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 7, 2012

I am unable to clean up translated files. I get the message 'This process cannot access the file because it is used by another process’. However, the file is not used by another process.

I will be grateful for help.

tomasik
Slovakia
Local time: 15:59
German to Slovak
+ ...
See discussion or run macro... Jun 7, 2012

See discussion on http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/74436-unable_to_clean_up_files_in_trados_2007_and_word_2007.html or if you only need to clean up the file, simply run the Macro tw4winClean.Main on the tab Show > Macros (Word 2010) or the same macro with Word 2003.

Malgoldberg
United States
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Macro Jun 7, 2012

Thank you for your response. But how to run macros?

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:59
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Depends on your Word version Jun 8, 2012

Hi!

In Word 2003, go to Tools > Macros, choose the tw4winClean.Main macros from the list and click on the Run button (if I can remember correctly it´s in the upper right corner).

In Word 2007, go to the Programing (or Programer, my Word is in Spanish) tab > Macros, then choose the tw4winClean.Main macros from the list and click on the Run button.

Hope this helps
Marina

Malgoldberg
United States
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
running macros Jun 8, 2012

Thank you so much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning up does not work

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search