TM fails to update on the client side when working with package in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Cathie Humbert
Cathie Humbert
Cathie Humbert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:41
English to French
+ ...
Jun 8, 2012

Can anyboday help me on this?

One of my customers send me packages to translate with Trados Studio 2011. I open the package and translate the file, then create a return package to send it back. The customer says that the TM is not updated with the translated files. I try to check the project settings, and see that the project TM seems to be attached under a root TM that I don't have. I cannot change the settings, i.e. I can suppress the TM or create a new one, but cannot edit anythi
... See more
Can anyboday help me on this?

One of my customers send me packages to translate with Trados Studio 2011. I open the package and translate the file, then create a return package to send it back. The customer says that the TM is not updated with the translated files. I try to check the project settings, and see that the project TM seems to be attached under a root TM that I don't have. I cannot change the settings, i.e. I can suppress the TM or create a new one, but cannot edit anything else. Do you know if there is something I can do so that the customers receive the package with the updated TM?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The TM is not sent Jun 8, 2012

Hi Cathie,

The return package doesn't send the TM. Your customers TM will be updated from the completed bilingual files that are in the package.

Regards

Paul

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:41
English to Spanish
Is a TM part of the incoming package? Jun 22, 2012

Hi, Paul
My client sends me Studio 2011 packages. I see In, Out, Packages, Reports subdirectories; no TM subdirectory.

I remember when opening Synergy packages, the application warning me: "TM such and such not found, the attached TM will be used", something of that nature. So I was expecting the same thing to happen in Studio 2011, but I do not see that a TM in the package.

Is the TM embedded somehow? Is the client supposed to pretranslate the documents, and NOT
... See more
Hi, Paul
My client sends me Studio 2011 packages. I see In, Out, Packages, Reports subdirectories; no TM subdirectory.

I remember when opening Synergy packages, the application warning me: "TM such and such not found, the attached TM will be used", something of that nature. So I was expecting the same thing to happen in Studio 2011, but I do not see that a TM in the package.

Is the TM embedded somehow? Is the client supposed to pretranslate the documents, and NOT send a TM attached to the package since the return package will update their TM, as you mention?

Is the client doing something wrong? I have resorted to using my own TM for this client, at least that one is being updated.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It can be... Jun 22, 2012

... but it doesn't have to be. If your client decides not to include one then you won't get one.

Regards

Paul

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:41
English to Spanish
Perfect... Jun 22, 2012

...that works for me; I will use and update mine.

Thanks a lot, I had been searching everywhere for that straight answer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM fails to update on the client side when working with package in Trados Studio 2011

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »