Red slashes in SLDX segments!
Thread poster: Maria Stella Translator (BR-PT)

Maria Stella Translator (BR-PT)
Brazil
Local time: 19:59
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 8, 2012

Hello colleagues

I have finished a translation with which I used SLDX, in some segments the source text has one "red slash" that gets positioned at a different place of the target sentence ... I don't know what to do with it because I can't copy or paste it, the red slash appeared automatically with the TM results or does not appear at all with automatic TM results in SLDX. When I pass the cursor over it, sometimes it appears "xref" or "newline"! I'm not really used to work with SLDX and this is the first time it occurs to me! Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

[Edited at 2012-06-08 13:11 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:29
English to Swedish
Tags Jun 8, 2012

The red slashes are tags. Use View - Tags... to change how they are displayed and Format Paint if you need to change their position in the target text.

I have a Getting Started with SDLX document that helped me a lot when I first used SDLX. If you contact me directly I can email you a copy.

Asa

Maria Stella Translator (BR-PT)
Brazil
Local time: 19:59
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 8, 2012

Åsa Campbell wrote:

The red slashes are tags. Use View - Tags... to change how they are displayed and Format Paint if you need to change their position in the target text.

I have a Getting Started with SDLX document that helped me a lot when I first used SDLX. If you contact me directly I can email you a copy.

Asa

It worked! I have to send it to my client today! About the copy, it would be very helpful if you could send me ... I'll send you a direct e-mail message.

Best Regards!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Red slashes in SLDX segments!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search