hard disk drive defect and Trados gone, how to re-install the whole SDL Trados 2011
Thread poster: Nag Gju Schinn
Nag Gju Schinn  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 04:57
Member (2011)
English to Korean
+ ...
Jun 8, 2012

I bought SDL Trados 2011 last December and installed it on a brand new laptop. The hard disc drive got defect and replaced. The whole software installation is gone with it.
I need to reinstall it. Can anybody guide me what to do?
I still have all the emails I received after the purchase. I appreciate your help in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:27
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Go to the SDL website under 'my account' Jun 8, 2012

Commiserations on the crash of your hard drive.
Go to:
http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/products/ and then to the first tab right at the top of the page 'My account'. Sign in with your email address. There should be an account there for you, created when you first bought the software. Any programs you bought will be available for download under 'my downloads'. If you are completely unaware of this account, you can always try 'forgotten password'.

Nag Gju Schinn  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 04:57
Member (2011)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't deactivate the old installation since it is technically and materially gone Jun 8, 2012

Thank you for your quick answer. I was able to download the whole files and re-install the whole. However, I still have a problem to activate my new installation. Because I lost the old installation and consequently that is not deactivated, I cannot activate the new installation. can anybody help me??

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Please see Jun 8, 2012

http://www.proz.com/post/1255351#1255351

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

hard disk drive defect and Trados gone, how to re-install the whole SDL Trados 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search