Thread poster: Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:55
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Jun 9, 2012

I apologize if this question ahas already been asked, but I usually get the Trados projects from my clients and not the source documents.

Can I set Trados 2011 to parse the document into paragraphs and not sentences, when it converts it to a translatable format. What I mean is that the end of a segment will be a line break and not a period, semicolon, etc. Since I am about to work on a non-technical project, it is much easier for me to work that way, since I have the whole context of the paragraph easier visible than when the paragraph is divided into single sentences.

Thanks,

Yiftah

Direct link Reply with quote

Radu Nicolaescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 10:55
Member (2006)
German to Romanian
+ ...
Segmentation Rules Jun 10, 2012

Translation memory... -> Settings -> Language Resources -> Segmentation Rules -> Edit -> Paragraph based

Here you can personalize the segmentation criteria; indeed for fluent texts may be more convenient than the segmentation by sentences

whatever the new settings will apply for a new project

good luck

Radu

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:55
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Radu :) Jun 11, 2012

So simple.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Document segmentation at the paragraph level with Studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search