Language variations in Trados 2009. Help
Thread poster: Paula Mahler

Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 20:35
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 11, 2012

When I used Trados 2007 I made the mistake of setting parameters as "English" and "Spanish for Argentina."
I'm working with Trados 2009 and one of my main clients sends me packages. But the languages ​​of your translation memories are "English" and "Spanish from Spain", so I can not use my own memory. I already tried to import my old memory, but it was not possible because, actually, Trados "thinks" they are different languages.
I believe that this is a major problem of this software, because these variants are basically lexical, but this is for another discussion.
Does anyone have an idea of ​​how you fix it?
Thank you.
Regards Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:35
English to French
+ ...
Export as *.tmx Jun 11, 2012

Hi Paula,

Export your TM as *.tmx - open in Wordpad and replace the Argentinian acronym with the Spanish one - sorry it's not my language combination, so I don't know what they are - works fine with the language variants in French. Import the modified tmx into Trados 2009 and you're done.

You can use the same procedure if the source combination is different, i.e. en-gb or en-us.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-06-11 19:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language variations in Trados 2009. Help

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search