SDL Passolo and inline tags
Thread poster: AGV

AGV
Local time: 13:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 12, 2012

Hi guys

I am managing a project in which there are a lot of inline tags that I have to protect. So I just add them one by one (Project -> Inline Patterns...), but this is very boring and time consuming so I'm wondering if there's a way to add all these tags (more than 200) in one go or at least I would like to add them in batch mode if possible.

Does anyone know where those Inline tags are stored? Maybe it's just a simple TXT file so it can be edited easily.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Achim Herrmann
English to German
Why 200 pattern? Jun 13, 2012

Hello,

I'm wondering about the number of inline patterns you need. On my system I have created inline patterns for several clients but the number is still around 25!

Maybe you can explain the use case a bit further. There may be other solutions for your problem.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

AGV
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 13, 2012

Achim Herrmann wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering about the number of inline patterns you need. On my system I have created inline patterns for several clients but the number is still around 25!

Maybe you can explain the use case a bit further. There may be other solutions for your problem.

Achim Herrmann

Good question Achim. The thing is that I'm not smart enough yet to figure out how to create rules and regular expressions, so I just add them one by one :facepalm:

I have two sets of tags:

Non-translatableText|Translatable text

blablabla {{non translatable text}} blablabla

So as you can see in the first example only texts after the vertical line should be translated, and in the second example texts between those curved brackets should not be translated. I'm sure there is a way to create tags with regular expressions but as I said before I'm not acquainted yet. Where can I learn those things? Can you recommend me a good webpage or guide to create them?

Also I've noticed that only a certain amount of inline patterns could be active, only the first 174 patterns, the remaining ones are not active so I had to delete some of the first ones in order to activate the last ones. Why is this happening?

I posted a thread in your Passolo forum as well, I'm using the same nickname in there so no need to answer me in both places.

Thanks and regards.

[Edited at 2012-06-13 19:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-13 21:53 GMT]

Achim Herrmann
English to German
Try my solution Jun 14, 2012

Hello,

so at the end of the day there are 2 patterns instead of 200. The pattern for the text with the hyphen is:
^[^\|]*\|
Please activate Use Regular Expression and Convert to inline tag and activate the checking options you need.

The pattern for the double curly bracketed placeholders is
{{[^}]+}}
Activate the same options.

Hope this helps.

Achim Herrmann

AGV
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 14, 2012

Achim Herrmann wrote:

Hello,

so at the end of the day there are 2 patterns instead of 200. The pattern for the text with the hyphen is:
^[^\|]*\|
Please activate Use Regular Expression and Convert to inline tag and activate the checking options you need.

The pattern for the double curly bracketed placeholders is
{{[^}]+}}
Activate the same options.

Hope this helps.

Achim Herrmann

Thanks Achim I'll try that. Where can I learn the meaning of those strange symbols? I don't want to contact you every time I need to create new tags so can you please send me a link or something to learn?

Regards

Achim Herrmann
English to German
Your favorite book shop Jun 14, 2012

Hello,

just visit your favorite book shop and look for books about regular expressions. In the Internet you will find references, online Regex evaluation tools and many samples. When you goggle "espresso regular expression" you will find a nice free tool to easily test regular expressions with a documentation.

Achim Herrmann

AGV
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 14, 2012

Achim Herrmann wrote:

Hello,

just visit your favorite book shop and look for books about regular expressions. In the Internet you will find references, online Regex evaluation tools and many samples. When you goggle "espresso regular expression" you will find a nice free tool to easily test regular expressions with a documentation.

Achim Herrmann

Great, thank you Achim I'll check that Espresso tool. Thanks and regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Passolo and inline tags

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search