INI file, "HTML-NOEDIT" could not be located
Thread poster: soomi
soomi
Canada
Local time: 08:21
English to Korean
+ ...
Jun 13, 2012

anyone please help me resolve the error below?

I have been working on a translation with .tmx file. I created a translation memory, but I don't think that it is connected to the .tmx file because I can tell that the translation is not reflected to the memory. how can I do that?

I tried to save the target as original file. but the error occurs.
"Failed to save target content: The tag settings (INI) file with settings name "HTML-NOEDIT" could not be located."
first, I don't understand why this error occurs.
Next, would you help me create the INI file?

I am using Trados 2009 and have worked with SDLX file, so this is the first time for me to have the error. the starter manual does not include troubleshooting and I have been stuck there.

Direct link Reply with quote

tomasik
Slovakia
Local time: 14:21
German to Slovak
+ ...
Upgrade the tmx file to TM Jun 13, 2012

Hi,
I would recommend you upgrade the tmx file to translation memory first. To do so, klick on Upgrade Translation Memories from Home view etc...

[Upravené o 2012-06-13 21:05 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:21
English to Czech
+ ...
More information Jun 14, 2012

Hi soomi,
if you received a TMX file and created a new TM, you need to import the TMX into your newly created TM. In Studio, you can do that from within the Translation Memories view. The process František refers to in his post refers to upgrading legacy Trados 2007 and earlier translation memories and doesn't apply to your situation.

To continue: if you received TTX files that need to be translated and receive the INI file error, you can simply skip it. TTX files use their own SDLFILETYPE file in Studio and don't require the legacy INI file to work in Studio environment.

If your situation is different from what I've described above, please provide more information on what you received and what you want to achieve.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INI file, "HTML-NOEDIT" could not be located

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search